Fragrance Bar Kit: How It Works
Welcome to the Jules & Vetiver Fragrance Bar! This video explains how it works, or you can check out the step-by-step instructions below.
This self-guided Kit lets you explore and build your own scent, which we then mix and ship to you as a 0.25 fl. oz eau de toilette spray (unless you choose to upgrade to a larger size). Get ready to learn a lot about fragrance and about yourself!
Your Kit has three Top Notes (yellow), three Mid Notes (green), and three Base Notes (taupe).
You’ll narrow down your favorites from each group to discover your unique scent formula by dipping each blend onto the skinny end of paper strips and sniffing until you find what you like. Here’s how you’ll do it.
1. Dip and smell Top Notes, then Mid Notes, and then Base Notes. Get a sense of which ones you like from each group.
- Top Notes are the zestiest part of the fragrance, the lively sparkle that balances the Mid and Base Notes.
- Mid Notes anchor the top and base notes and tend to be herbal, floral, or fruit-driven.
- Base Notes are the most mellow, but they last longest on your skin — the subtle foundation of your fragrance.
2. Don’t rush! Take breaks and sniff the enclosed coffee bean sachet if you need to reset your nose.
3. Pick a Top, Mid, and Base you like and hold those three strips together. Wave them gently in front of your nose so the three blends mingle together in the air, giving you a sense of what they’re like when mixed. See how you like them when combined!
4. Start swapping out strips from each group and experiment. Try ones you think you might not like – you'd be surprised how different they smell when they're all together! Write down your favorite combinations on the notecard in your Kit. Have fun with it!
When you’ve settled on your perfect formula, you can order your selection in a few quick steps:
1. Go to www.jules.vet/fbpick.
2. Click on the three numbers you want in your formula: Top, Mid, and Base. “Add to Cart” and enter your formula number in the text box displayed during checkout. In your cart, enter the code shown below where you see: “Add discount code or a gift card.”. This will make your order total $0 (yay).
3. Add your shipping info and we’ll take care of the rest! No need to ship anything back to us. All formula selections are made to order and typically ship within 2-3 business days after you place your order. You'll get a shipping confirmation email when it's on its way.
If you have questions or need help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to mix up your unique scent!
Founder and Head Perfumer at Jules & Vetiver Fine Fragrance